Buying meat from us
We raise certain rabbits for meat purposes. All our rabbits can be pets, but not all are for meat. We do not "customize" our meats or sell only select cuts. If you are interested in buying meat from us, here is what you should know:
- Our rabbits are slaughtered on site and sold whole unless otherwise asked. We keep the in the heart, kidneys and liver unless otherwise asked.
- We sell at $6.50 per lb dead weight.. We sometimes go to different areas and sell the meat there, and we will sometimes "ship" the meat. If that is the case, the price will change to include gas and tolls but will still be reasonable. We feel that our prices are reasonable and affordable based on the availability and price range around us.
- If you are interested in getting meat for your animals, such as the intestines, hearts, lungs, etc... we will have them when available and the price will be decided upon at that time. We do not yet have a set price for these "unwanted" pieces, but will in the future.
- We are not USDA approved and do not plan to be. Our meat will be sold without problems for human consumption. If buying meat for animals or as predator bait, it is NOT for humans to eat.
- When buying rabbits for meat from us, let us know ahead of time how many you'd like and when you'd like them. Also indicate if you'd like fryers (8-10 weeks), roasters (10-16 weeks), or some of each. Sometimes some types will not be available.